When I start learning java-script , I found it difficult to work as I don’t know how to debug it as I was very much familiar with Visual Studio (2005, 2008 , 2010) debugging modes.
So I start searching and after some googling and reading I found that there is tremendous method available for java script debugging in all Visual Studios Versions.
Here is Step wise tutorial to do that
1. First of all make a small script in an external js file . Always prefer to make isolated js files instead of mixing it with your php or aspx page . As Isolating client side code with design and server side and it is highly preferred and developer can keep eye on the un-necessary calls.
Say I make a file name testFile.js in which i write a simple function.
var a = 10;
var b = 20;
var c = a + b;
2. Right Click in Internet Explorer (any version) go to internet options or Options. > Advance
3 . Come back to your project that contains your external js file . Right click on your Project solution a menu appears click on “Browse with”
4. A dialog appears asking for Browser , choose Internet Explorer to browse with
6. Call your function at any place in your index.html or from any where like button click or onload etc , I call it on body onload (always remember to include the reference of external js file on top of your php , aspx or html page.)
7. Then you will see that break point is highlighted and you can use all windows of VS like watch window , immediate window for visualizing all functions input output parameters , variable values.
Thats all enjoy , happy programming !